#ClimateIsWater Flyer for COP23 & Beyond
03/11/17 Filed in: Policy
initiative has released an updated set of key messages highlighting the importance of water in climate policy dialogue. The document, now available online
, is meant to help inform activities at COP23 in Bonn that run from 6-17 November. It focuses on six key ideas:
- Water connects sectors – from energy and forests to agriculture and tourism, water has a critical role to play in both mitigation and adaptation.
- Climate change impacts water resources first and foremost.
- Women's lives are the most impacted when facing the adverse effects of climate change, but they are also crucial agents of change.
- Food security, improved nutrition and health will only be achievable if there is water security.
- Sustainable urban water management enables climate resilience in cities.
- Water-wise climate financing is a good investment for all.