15/08/16 Filed in: Announcement
This guest blog was written by Alexandra Campbell-Ferrari and Luke Wilson of the Center for Water Security and Cooperation (CWSC)
The Center for Water Security and Cooperation is announcing the establishment of the United States–Spain Water Initiative (the “Initiative”) with the support of the Spanish Ministry for Food, Agriculture and the Environment and U.S. Federal agencies. And we are looking for you - state agencies, river basin commissions, nonprofit organizations, international organizations, trade associations, commercial entities, utilities, universities and interested parties - to become Partners and lead the conversation in water protection, management and governance.
The Initiative drives collaboration and action on water by bringing together an international multi-stakeholder network of members from the public, private and nonprofit sectors to discuss and address challenges. The objectives of the Initiative are to:
- stimulate conversation and innovate approaches to water protection, management and governance,
- bring together a diverse group of stakeholders to generate more comprehensive, holistic approaches,
- provide a sustainable platform for peer-to-peer and interdisciplinary exchanges and knowledge, information and data sharing related to the achievement of water security,
- complement and enrich ongoing research and innovation,
- prepare and publish independent guidance reports aiding stakeholders in achieving water security.