Final Conference for the EU Horizon 2020 project AQUACROSS
26/06/18 Filed in: Conference
This October marks the Final Conference for the EU Horizon 2020 project AQUACROSS (Knowledge, Assessment, and Management for AQUAtic Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services aCROSS EU policies): Ecosystem-Based Management for the Protection of Aquatic Biodiversity – Practice and Lessons Learnt
The conference will bring together scientific experts, policy makers, and members of the business community to discuss cross-cutting topics related to the protection of aquatic ecosystems and opportunities for ecosystem-based management. Participants will have the opportunity to interact and discuss the added value of integrative policy and assessment frameworks for the protection of aquatic biodiversity with lessons learned from 8 case studies, other research projects and ongoing policy initiatives.
: 10-11 October 2018Where
: Brussels, BelgiumHow to Register
: Click here
to register for this free event
At this interactive event, you will be able to:
- Engage with policy makers
- Share experiences
- Learn from case studies
- Expand your network of biodiversity protection experts
- Update your knowledge of environmental policy for aquatic ecosystems
- Shape future research for the management of aquatic biodiversity.
Conference format and participants:
- Contribute to an interactive multi-stakeholder panel discussion: key leaders and experts from science, policy and business will share their views on aquatic biodiversity and ecosystem-based management.
- Help to review the final results of a large international research project: bring new knowledge and innovative ideas into future research and policy agendas for the management of freshwater, coastal, and marine biodiversity.
- Meet scientific experts, policy makers, and members of the business community: discuss cross-cutting topics related to aquatic ecosystem protection and opportunities for ecosystem-based management.